Tuesday, June 17, 2008

swim team

So I called around yesterday to find out all of the details of the swim team on post. I decided to take Abbey and Lexie to try it out tonight. We went to the library first to return some books, and Abbey threw up in the library. We got her cleaned up and sent her home with Jay.
I still took Lexie to the swim team practice. It was a full hour of down and back. Lexie got tired. She did extremely well though considering that she hasn't swam continuously like that. I think that the coach was impressed too. I will take Lexie 1-2 more times for her to decide whether she likes it or not. She didn't love it at the end today. If she decides against it, well then at least she tried it out. The youngest kids are 9 right now. I think that Abbey needs more practice before jumping in with them. I might take her ready to swim one day and talk to the coach beforehand because according to what they told me, she only has to be able to swim the front crawl an entire lap without stopping. Abbey can certainly do that.

2 comments:

Lana Faye said...

Well, aren't you proud of your big mermaid. Too bad Abbey got sick. Must be Trent shared his bug? Tell Lexie I am proud of her and hope Abbey is feeling better. Miss you all. Kiss Squishies

Jaime said...

Hmm . . throwing up must be in the air. Long story, anyways that's cool that she is considering the swim team. R wants to go into ours this fall. Still unsure as it is a huge commitment and 4 practices a week plus weekend meets. Yikes. Keep us updated.