Sunday, August 10, 2008

VBS week






I taught the 2 and 3 year olds VBS this year. It was a lot of fun. It was also very challenging. I had 4 kids who don't go to church or Sunday School. Those kids wanted to do their own things instead of what was planned.

Our 4 kids had a lot of fun at VBS. On Thursday, Trent was jumping off of the stairs onto the wedge mat. That part is fine except that he jumped from too high and didn't clear the stairs and has been unable to walk since then. I did take him to the ER on Friday. It took 4 hours to determine that he has just badly bruised the bottom of his foot.

AFter the church picnic Saturday, Brayden complained that his stomach really hurt. I thought maybe something didn't set well. In the morning he complained that he hurt in the groin area. We didn't know what to think. When he got out of the shower though we saw that he was covered in red dots. We suspect that he has chicken pox. He has a slight fever too. He has had 2 vaccines for chicken pox already.

1 comment:

Lana Faye said...

Well, I am glad that Brayden is doing better. And Trent, too! I hope he knows not to jump from beyond the 4th step from now on. Glad I got to talk to you before we came home. It will be cellular silence again from Millington. Hope all are well! We are home! Kiss Squishies