Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spelling Bee

Lexie and Abbey participated in a homeschool spelling bee today to see who would represent homeschoolers at the Jefferson County Spelling Bee in July. Lexie placed 3rd in 3-5 grades. She will be going to the fair to spell. Abbey got 2nd place in 1-2 grade. She will be spelling at the fair as well.
Lexie had an exciting time taking the mail out today. She got stung by a wasp, and when she came inside to show me it, she got stung on her back. The wasp was in her shirt. I am just thankful that she isn't severely allergic like Abbey though it did hurt her a lot.

2 comments:

Lana Faye said...

I'm so sorry Lexie got stung! She and I have a little bit in common today as I got stung when I got the mail out of the box today.

Congratulations girls on a wonderful job of spelling. Good luck on the competition!

Kiss Squishies

Jaime said...

YAY. . congrats Lexie and Abbey!!! Good luck on the upcoming spelling bee.