So, it has been quite a while since I have written anything. I will try to remember some of the things that have happened since I last wrote in no particular order.
The most important things that has happened since I last wrote is that Trent asked the Lord Jesus to save him from his sins. He woke up one morning and went and woke up Lexie to help him ask Jesus into his heart. She helped him to pray. Trent has a very good understanding of his sins. He is trying to be better so he doesn't have to ask God to forgive him as often.
ON March 14th, Lexie played violin in the Watertown Goes Green Festival. She did a great job, and the Trillium fiddlers sounded wonderful. We also got to see some Irish dancing. (Rae Ann and Jaime Lexie would LOVE to do that. Remember when she was little.)
On March 21st the girls had their second gymnastics meet this year. They both did great. Abbey definitely gave the performance of a lifetime. She even shocked the judge that she did her forward roll on the beam with no help. She got a 9.6 on vault, 7.3 on bars, 8.55 on beam and 7.9 on floor. Her coaches agreed that she floor routine should have scored higher. She did awesome. I am so pleased that her coordination is getting so much better and she is building muscle. Abbey got 3rd place.
Lexie got 9.1 on vault, 8.4 on bars, 8.9 on beam and 8.2 on floor. She got 2nd place. Lexie pulled out all of the stops on her bar routine and actually nailed it. She had been having a rough time on Friday at practice.
As a family we still go and minister to the ladies at Centenial Apartments often. Jay preaches and the girls play piano for the ladies.
The kids are moving right along in their school work. Brayden is really reading a lot now. He reads like Lexie....book after book after book. Brayden is also very good at math. He is starting multiplication already. Lexie is getting a really good grip on math. Abbey is still struggling with the speed at which her math book is throwing new things at her so we are slowing it down some and adding more practice. She is doing math 5/4 anyway but is in 3rd grade. Trent is waiting to start real school. He is such a big boy. :)
My back continues to do very well. I have some pain but that seems to be associated with soemthing else and not from the back itself.
Jay had 6 teeth removed on March 16. He is still having a hard time and needs to go back tomorrow because he has bone scraping his tongue making it hard to eat and talk. I actually looked into his mouth today to see if I had any suggestions for how to relieve the pain. Once I saw, I didn't have anything to say except that he needed to go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow.
I have a new nephew now. Praise the Lord for His goodness through such a difficult time. Sawyer Xu Bang is home now with his family. They are adjusting to having him home, and he is adjusting to these new people, home, country etc.
The kids all still play piano. They are all progressing well. Trent plays songs all by himself now-Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Lightly Row, Cuckoo, Mary Had a Little Lamb, London Bridge and Go Tell Aunt Rhode. Brayden can play all of those songs and is also learning to read music. Lexie is perfecting Minuet in G Major and Were You There for her spring recital. Abbey is perfecting Onward Christian Soldiers and is learning a classical piece called Gabotte.
Well I am sure that I left a lot out, but that is all that I can remember right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates--I've been looking for one forever!!! Well--since January!!! You know me--love hearing about all of you. Kiss Squishies
Post a Comment